University of Central Florida (UCF) is moving forward with their plan for a significant Downtown Orlando campus, located at Creative Village. Between UCF and its partner, Valencia College, Phase I of the campus is expected to bring over 7,700 students to Downtown Orlando. UCF Downtown will build upon already existing educational assets surrounding the Creative Village.
The commitment by UCF and Valencia to a large downtown campus at Creative Village sets the stage for additional private development and university-related uses.
Recent milestones include:
- In April 2017, UCF secured approval from the Creative Village Development Review Committee for the first academic building.
- In September 2016, UCF announced that they have exceeded their $20 million fundraising goal for the first phase of UCF Downtown.
- In August 2016, UCF validated the project schedule for delivery of the new academic facilities and announced the UCF Downtown will officially open in August 2019 with over 7,700 UCF and Valencia College students.
- In June 2016, UCF selected the design/build team of SchenkelShultz Architecture, Robert A. M. Stern Architects, and Skanska USA Building, Inc. for the $60 million academic building at UCF Downtown. Click here for more information.
- In June 2016, the Valencia College Board of Trustees approved the MOU with Ustler Development, Inc. and KUD International, LLC, regarding development of the Student Housing Project at Creative Village, including the new Valencia College Hospitality and Culinary facility.
- Creative Village Development, LLC advances plans for Phase I private development concurrent with UCF Downtown approval. For details, click here.
- Governor Scott affirmed his support for UCF Downtown by announcing he will approve the $20 million allocation in the State budget for the new academic building. For more information, click here.
- UCF Downtown was approved by the Board of Governors on March 2, 2016. Read more here.
- UCF and community leaders have made significant progress towards raising the $20 million in philanthropy for the new $60 million academic building.
- Orlando City Council approved the MOU between UCF and the City to facilitate the downtown campus. To read the article, click here.
To learn more about UCF Downtown, visit http://www.ucf.edu/downtown