The University of Central Florida, Valencia College, City of Orlando and Creative Village Development, LLC broke ground on the new Downtown Campus on May 11, 2017. The first phase of the Downtown Campus includes:
- A $60 million, 148,000-square foot academic building named the Dr. Phillips Academic Commons, designed by Robert A.M. Stern Architects (RAMSA) and SchenkelShultz Architecture; under construction and to be completed in August 2019. Click here to see the renderings.
- $5 million renovation to the UCF Center for Emerging Media (CEM) and Florida Entertainment Academy (FIEA building); to be completed in August 2019.
- A $13.5 million, 600-space parking garage and a $14 million utility plant; to be completed in August 2019.
- A $105 million, 600-bed mixed-use student housing project developed by Ustler Development, Inc. and DEVEN Development Ventures Group (formerly known as KUD International, LLC) ; to be completed in August 2019.
Phase I of the UCF/Valencia Downtown Campus will bring over 7,700 students to Downtown Orlando when it opens August 2019, with future plans to accommodate 10,000 – 15,000+ students. Many community leaders attended the groundbreaking celebration, including Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer, Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs, UCF Provost Dr. Dale Whittaker, Valencia College President Dr. Sandy Shugart, former President of the Florida Senate Andy Gardiner, former Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives Steve Crisafulli, Orlando District 5 Commissioner Regina Hill, UCF Board of Trustees Chairman Marcos Marchena, and Dr. Phillips Charities President Ken Robinson. Click here to read more. Click here to see photos from the event. Follow the links, below, to view the UCF groundbreaking videos:
- “Building on a Big Idea” Click here to view video
- “A New 21st-Century Campus” Click here to view video
- “Learning at the UCF/Valencia Downtown Campus” Click here to view video
To learn more about UCF Downtown, visit http://www.ucf.edu/downtown